Coronavirus - advice for patients
You may see a few changes when it is time for your next appointment. We made these changes to help protect our patients and staff. For example:
- We will ask you some screening questions on the phone at the time of booking. You may also be asked to pay a booking deposit.
- Please wear a face covering to your appointment.
- We have installed automated hand sanitizer that we will ask you to use when you enter the practice
- On arrival, please could you wait at the top of reception where we will take your temperature and ask you to fill in a COVID-19 questionnaire and use the hand sanitiser once again.
- Appointments will be managed to allow for social distancing between patients where possible- our reception area is large enough to allow for social distancing.
- Please could you attend the practice alone, unless you are bringing a child for their appointment.
- Companions are of course very welcome to wait in cars, but limiting the use of our waiting room will also help social distancing.
- During this period please could you limit the number of belongings that you bring to your appointment e.g. bags, coats.
- We have installed a temporary Perspex screen in our reception area (like those seen in lots of shops).
- During this period, the waiting room will no longer offer magazines, children’s toys etc., since those items are difficult to clean and disinfect.
- We will of course try our utmost to offer the most suitable time for all appointments. Because of the new scheduling system, we would kindly request all of our patients to give us more flexibility to book appointments.
- While our toilets are currently for urgent use only please could you use the toilet before leaving home.
- We will do our best to allow greater time between patients to reduce waiting times for you and to reduce the number of patients in the reception area at any one time.
- We will be using upgraded personal protective equipment for specific treatment appointments as per the latest guidance.
- The clinics, as you are aware, is always a clean and a safe environment. We will be leaving additional time in between patients to allow us to thoroughly disinfect the surgery and allowing fallow (settling) time to minimise the risk of exposure to airborne contaminants even further.
We thank you for all your patience during this difficult time. We are happy to answer any questions that you may have about the procedures described above which are designed to keep you, and every patient, safe in our practice. We value your trust and loyalty and look forward to seeing you again.
To make an appointment, please call the practice on the usual number 01793521646, or text 07707779877
With very best wishes from,
Dr Siddharth Wandrekar, on behalf of the Brunel Dental Practice team